Monday, January 02, 2017

Me? Oh My!


It has rained here all day of the torrential kind and it doesn't look like it is going to let up anytime soon. Damp and bone chilling cold are the key words tonight -- the kind of weather that brings on pneumonia, the flu and and other asserted illnesses like bronchitis. It sucks the very core and lifeblood out of you. I will begrudgingly admit the weather guessers got it right for a change, though.

I just called Charlie and told him we are not buying groceries tonight. My father will be back tomorrow and we will shop at Kroger then. I think Charlie was secretly relieved. His mood improved immediately. He didn't want to get out in this mess as well. Charlie, the kind soul he is, brought me a Whopper value meal w/onion rings and a jumbo Coke a half hour later.

"Charlie, you have a heart of gold," I told him as we were feeding and watering Maggie after taking my nightly crazy meds.

"Oh, shut up," Charlie replied chuckling. "And get this dog some water."

No comments: