Monday, January 23, 2017

You've Got a Fast Car...

...I have a plan for getting us out of here. We'll get jobs and live in the Suburbs...

-- Tracy Chapman

Dad arrived early tonight about 8:30 PM. He had a big Tupperware container of his homemade chili and some freshly baked cornbread which just thrilled me to death. My father is a cook of the highest order.

"Let's take your medications and then we will head to the grocery store," my father said as we sat on my sofa and Maggie vied for our affections.

My first plan of attack tonight was buying my three "journal writing" sodas as my father affectionately calls them. We can't leave without them. We've forgotten them before only to have to turn around, head back to Kroger, and purchase them. They are that important to me. I got three Sunkist tonight -- Sunkist has caffeine and Fanta Orange doesn't.

Dad's job tonight was to buy cleaning supplies like Fabuloso, Windex, Febreze, and Clorox spray cleaners. We are both going to get our houses in ship shape order this upcoming week.

"What did I spend?" I anxiously asked my father as we walked out of the store.

"You spent a little over $70 dollars," he told me with an accomplishment well done grin.

I have been placating him by buying those frozen meals, and if you choose the varieties you get carefully, then they are not half bad.

Are All Neighbors Nosey?

As I was unloading my car in the front yard next to my front door, I noticed my neighbors across the street, the RV people, looking through their blinds and windows. I smiled and got a good chuckle out of that. George already knows what I do every Monday night, but I don't think my neighbors across the street do.

"Come here Ethyl, look at this!" I could hear my dear neighbors say in my mind's eye. "Now he is unloading frozen lasagna!"

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Some of us just like to know what's going on in the hood! You could say nosey...

diana said...

I like knowing my neighbours are nosey. Makes me feel safe. My own little Neighbourhood Watch Program. :-)

glittermom said...

True...we are a good thing...we'll see if any trouble...