Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Charles In Charge...

Charlie and I just made a mad dash to Taco Hell to get me three burrito supremes. There was a lot of good hearted and good willed banter about my mother on the drive to fast food row.

"Your mother never did leave Horsefly home if y'all were going to the pool or whatever," Charlie told me. "He went wherever y'all went."

We decided to forego Kroger and grocery shopping as I frankly just wasn't up to the task. It has been a long day with me out of my element. They also seemed pretty busy as we drove by headed to Taco Hell down busy highway 29.

"I stay up to midnight every night," Charlie told me. "So, don't hesitate to call me if you change your mind and decide to go to Kroger."

We took my crazy meds to keep me on an even mental keel. One pill, a Klonopin, fell to the floor escaping our grasp and we never did find it. Charlie was extremely worried it was something essential to my mental health.

"It just makes me sleepy for the most part," I told Charlie trying to assuage his worries. "It's to calm my anxiety and my nerves."

"Maggie? Darling? We are now doing your ritual!" Charlie exclaimed as Maggie fervently followed us into the laundry room.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thinking about you, Jonathon. :)