Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Countdown to Company...

http://kenwestphal.com/
I was just craving company today. I am used to mom busily calling me several times a day. The house has been so eerily quiet.

Maggie's mainly slept her day away as well unless I appear out of the kitchen holding food or have food wrapped in crinkling wrappers. She's learned that sound means treats are in order. I was eating some Little Debbie fudge brownies today and Maggie was so disappointed when I didn't give her any.

The phone rang several times this afternoon and finally, I hesitantly answered it.

"Answer that damn phone dammit," my father snarled at me with a laugh. "I am getting you another cell phone!"

"Don't forget your injection is this Thursday," my father then told me. "I just wanted to give you a heads up as I know you don't like surprises."

"Thank you, Sir," I replied to my parent.

"I also left your sodas on the back porch this morning," my father told me doing mom's old job. "Drive over and get them. It'll be a treat for the afternoon."

"Most definitely!" I told my father excitedly.

I thanked my father very, very profusely.

"I will be over about 8:30 to 9:00 PM," he then told me and we got off the phone. "I bet you are ready for your medications."

No comments: