Monday, January 30, 2017

Homo Habilis? How are you?

A few million years ago, I would be hunting prey with my fellow hunters and gatherers on the tall grass savannah plains of Africa. Now? We all just go to Kroger to socialize and procure our sustenance with pieces of paper and digital cards that all have an imagined and perceived worth and value.

Praise Worthy? Not Quite...

Dad immediately noticed my attire and my state of cleanliness plus order when he stepped inside tonight.

"You ought to dress that way every day and you will have a girlfriend, and also throw those damnable baseball caps away while you are at it," my father told me as I cracked a grin. "You really are a nice looking man when you fix up."

I told my father that I felt naked without my Auburn Tiger baseball cap.

"My scalp is getting cold," I then told him laughing.

The dust cleared and my father and I began the nightly medication ritual. We also fed and watered the Magster. We then braved the cold as we were off to do some Krogering.

Odds and Ends...

Dad only needed one thing tonight and those were some more file folders for all my Social Security paperwork and receipts. The ones at home are filled to the brim. So-Sec paid for it.

Zachary was bagging groceries tonight and he didn't look to be a very happy camper. His main job is doting over the self-checkout lines and this diversion must have been beneath him.

I bought exactly what I did last week and it was $10 higher this week. The prices must fluctuate fluidly depending on supply and demand.

I did get enough Kroger fuel points to give me ,20 cents off each gallon at the gas pumps.

Sour Grapes...

When I first walk into Kroger, I go straight to produce and get my two big bunches of green bananas. Jermaine saw me but his mouth was too full of grapes for him to give me a hearty hello. Just tasting the grapes before I buy them he finally told me. I chuckled as I headed further on my way to get Little Debbie fudge brownies -- the very same brownies that Maggie has a fit over and I will never let her have any.

No comments: