Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Comment Replies...

Rita said...

In 1983, I was living in Williston, ND. Christmas Day, it was -50 degrees actual temperature, and the wind chill was -200. If your car was not in a heated garage, it did not start. People who drove to the grocery store in the days around that cold spell, left their cars running when they went shopping.

January 9, 2017 at 11:10 PM

I feel like such a wimp after reading Rita's comment! Andrew

***********************

My friend, Christina, raised an important question yesterday and that is what will happen to Horsefly when Charlie departs us? Horsefly has an older brother, Alan, who doesn't show much interest in his life, though. It will probably fall upon my brother and I about taking care of Horsefly. We both have always been an integral part of Horsefly's life. My brother and I will always give him a loving and caring home.

1 comment:

Rita said...

LOL! Temperature is relative to what you are used to. Humidity also factors in how penetrating the cold can feel.

I had never experienced a temperature as cold as that before, and have not since. To say the least, it was memorable, but not in a good way.