Sunday, January 01, 2017

The Things We Do...And Southern, Too...

http://ispythingsdc.com/
"Are you coming over for New Year's lunch?" Charlie asked me a moment ago. "Janice has been cooking all morning. We should be eating around 1 PM."

Charlie will invite a dozen people which concerned me the most -- high falutin friends to be sure. Charlie certainly was putting lots of peer pressure on me to oblige this morning. He was dropping off breakfast biscuits thus the usual Sunday visit. I even got orange juice which thrilled me to no end (Woo Hoo!). Maggie is perfectly comfy after consuming her bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. She is sprawled out on the floor of the computer room with a distended belly looking perfectly satiated.

"Charlie?" I asked with pitiful puppy dog eyes filled with angst and nervousness. Pitiful, I tell you! "Will you bring me a plate? Or I could come and pick it up?"

Charlie said he would bring me a plate, but it is going to be awhile like 2:00 PM.

"That's fine," I told Charlie not wanting to pressure him.. "Just do what's easiest and best for you."

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Southern fare is far different from our northern New Years food..