Saturday, January 07, 2017

I'm Not Sully! I am Sullen!

https://www.quora.com
Well, winter storm 2017 was a complete bust. At least, for this part of the South. It was just an all night very cold rain event.  I should have known so and not set my hopes so high. It makes me feel like a stupid weather fanboi. The weather guessers are rarely right on a micro level especially when it concerns winter weather.

I set my alarm clock to wake me around 3 AM to see if all the rain had changed over to snow yet as they had forecast. A cold blast of wind met me at the front door with the pattering of rain could be heard on my roof. I heard Maggie potty in record time and then we both climbed back into the bed my hopes dashed and Maggie surely had to be relieved. I was like Horsefly not getting to go to the bowling alley. We awoke this morning to a beautiful sunny 25° degree winter day in the Southland -- the easterly sun shining intensely brightly surrounded by beautiful pastel blue skies.

At Least, I Didn't Have to Get Out in This Weather...

My father showed up at 10:00 PM last night with my medications. He seemed out of it as well. Maybe his hopes were getting dashed also.

His excuse last night was that he fell asleep while watching TV which is perfectly plausible as far as my father goes. That meant my mother was in the bed and most likely asleep.

"Johnny! Johnny! Go take Andrew his medications," she always says when she badgers him at night. "He probably needs them. Don't make him wait!"

And the beat goes on...

1 comment:

Summer said...

Awwww. I was hoping you would at least a dusting. That's what we got here in Northern VA. Further south and east is getting slammed.