Monday, January 30, 2017

One Grocery For You...Two Groceries for Me!

I haven't been eating much lately. I still have a bag of Frosted Flakes and the accompanying milk and it is a Monday. I also have a half loaf of bread and some shaved deli-style turkey. I can't ever remember that happening. It makes me want to be adventurous with my shopping tonight.

"Do you want to come and eat breakfast with me?" my father asked when he called around 9 AM. I had just woken up after sleeping only a few hours. "I am baking some blueberry muffins in the oven."

That sounded delicious, but I explained the situation to my father -- the situation that I don't have much of an appetite these days. I blamed it on my depression after losing mom -- my Chief Advocate General.

"I am just going to have a big steaming mug of milky sweet coffee," I told my father.

"It was those frozen meals," my father adamantly and excitably said. "They helped you make it through the week!"

You should have seen me roll my eyes, but I certainly didn't have a meal left. I ate them all and I must've gotten ten last week.. I told my father that Marie Calendar's had changed their recipe for their meatloaf and mashed potato meal and that it was delicious.

"Be sure to get more of those tonight," he said as we got off the phone. "I'll see you around 9 PM and we'll take your medications before we go."

No comments: