Wednesday, January 18, 2017

May Nourishment Be Found For All Our Dear Souls...

http://www.mariecallendersmeals.com/
Dad and I were making our rounds through Kroger's produce section as I picked up two huge bunches of green bananas -- my latest food obsession.

We then headed to the frozen food aisle after I picked up some boxes of Little Debbie fudge brownies (guilty pleasure) and a loaf of fresh Sunbeam old fashioned bread.

"I don't like those meals," I told my father as he showed me the Marie's Swedish meatballs meal.

"The meatballs are always too salty and way too dense," I continued.

"How about this?' my father said holding up some four cheese/three meat lasagna.

"Now, those are pretty good," I replied to my father. "They take 12 minutes to cook, though."

Soon, we had a whole cadre of frozen meals in my shopping cart.

I then stopped in the dessert aisle and by some weird twist of fate they had the pies I wanted. I got one Edwards lemon meringue pie and one Hershey's chocolate creme pie.

"Don't forget your journal writing drinks," my father told me as we were about to checkout.

It made me smile knowing my father knew that little detail about that cherished ritual of mine. I grabbed some Sunkist sodas, we checked out, and then we headed home. Mission accomplished..

No comments: