Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Tumultuous Taco Time!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/
The humble hard shell taco is my mother's latest food obsession it seems. For the longest time, it was a Wendy's double stack and a Frosty.

"Do you want me to take you to get some tacos?" I kindly asked my mother on our last call.

Our Taco Hell is on hyper busy Hwy 29 and that highway is off limits for my mother to drive upon. Mom was caught in quite a taco supreme quagmire and conundrum.

She has been driving me nuts all day about going to Taco Hell and getting Tacos next Sunday for our Sunday supper. Maggie and I were trying to schedule in a nap except we were having contradictions in our schedules. I would go lay down and soon as I got settled with Maggie and comfortable in my bed my mother would call again. It was entirely maddening, but what could I do? I would hate to hurt my mother's feelings.

"What would you eat?" my mother asked me on one brief call.

"I prefer two burrito supremes," I replied to her.

"Oh, those sound good," my mother replied. "Maybe I will have that as well Sunday night."

No comments: