Thursday, January 19, 2017

Bracing for Strong Storms...

http://www.cookingclassy.com/
Yes, we might have a few rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning in a few hours. It is a needed diversion for me as I love to keep up with the weather. We are also under a severe drought and need the rain badly. I fear my front and rear lawns are already dead.

I cooked my own version of spaghetti and meat sauce this afternoon. While very good to me, my father has me beat in that department. I need mom's recipe with that small amount of chili powder in the recipe.  My father also wouldn't have liked the minced garlic I added to the sauce today as well. Each pot is like a hodge podge of ingredients like a chemistry experiment.

My biggest battle and hurdle today was the phone ringing off the hook with people giving me their condolences.

"Just unplug the phone," my father kindly told me earlier. "We need to get you an answering machine."

In the heyday of cellphones, do they still even sell such things?




4 comments:

glittermom said...

Yes your phone service should have voice mail,no need for an answer machine...or your phone could have an answer feature....I don't know if they sell answer machines...usually build in the phone...get a new phone...

glittermom said...

I use a lot for of garlic in my sauce.

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Hello! Interesting blog.

Kran's Crackers said...

The do still sell answering machines, but you can get voice mail and that will work too. Hope you're feeling okay, still thinking about you.
-Sharon -