Monday, January 16, 2017

It Is Just Not Time For the Bed Yet...

On a good note, I slept like a baby last night. I couldn't have come at a more opportune time. Ah Bless...

Maggie saw and heard Charlie pull up to the curb and alerted me promptly last night.

"He's here! He's here! Beta dog!" Maggie seemed to impart to me excitably.

I looked on my computer and the time was 11 PM -- an hour till midnight. The medications do not stop for anything. I then looked out the door's windows to see for myself. After confirming it was Charlie, I walked out in the yard to help Charlie get everything inside. He had brought me a Zaxby's chicken tender plate and some of his wife's, Janice's, potato salad which I so adore. There was also some pickled beets, two lonely biscuits, and green beans cooked Southern style with fatback.

"We're going tomorrow to get you some nicer clothes for the funeral," Charlie told me.

It is not what I wanted to hear, but it needs to be done. I also need some more dressy shoes as well.

Charlie was also keeper of the medications last night.. He made me count each one of my crazy meds before I swallowed them all down with a gulp.

"Do you still feel up to buying your groceries tomorrow?" Charlie asked me. "Give me a call tonight and we will go."

"It wouldn't take me but 15 minutes to do my shopping," I told Charlie to make the prospect a little easier and less taxing sounding.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Life does go on, doesn't it. It seems almost impossible when your world has been so totally thrown into disorder and chaos, but groceries still need to be bought, meds still need to be taken, dogs still need to be fed. It is in these little, routine tasks that you will find your anchor and peace, Jonathon. One day at a time. One pill at a time. Hang in there. We're all praying for you.

glittermom said...

Beautifully said Beth...

Christina said...

We really do care, Jonathon. About you and your family. We are you blog family. too.

Rita said...

I have been thinking about the funeral and the need for you to go. I know that a funeral for one's own mother can never be easy, but adding your social phobias on top of that will make it more challenging.

You have sure been in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the best through this difficult time. Make the most of it, in honor of your dear mother.

I have been also thinking about how your mother has always been the secretary. Now that she is not here to do that, I would like to suggest using a google calendar. It is an app available with a gmail account. My daughter and I share our calendars with each other. I give her more help than she can give me. She is a busy person and used to forget to tell me that she needed help until it was that time. Sharing calendars gives me a heads up of her week so that I am not caught by surprise. I use my calendar to remind when I have recycling days, appointments, etc. I have written in some of the tasks that I have for the whole year, especially when those days can change from week to week. If you and your father share your calendars with each other, you can help each other remember the scheduled appointments.