Saturday, January 07, 2017

We've Got a Green Light and a Go For Crossfire...

It really lights up like that!
"Pops?" I just asked my stingy conservator at my parent's house as I sat at the kitchen table. "How much do I have in my account?"

Dad had just finished eating a toasted smoked turkey and sliced tomato sandwich. He then got up and walked into the kitchen when my mother said she wanted a sandwich as well.

"You will just want to spend it on computer parts!" he said smiling and laughing. "I better not tell you or tempt you for that matter."

"You see, there is this video card on Newegg that I want extremely badly. It is the same as the one I got for Christmas. I can join them together to increase frame rates and performance."

"See?" dad said interrupting me. "You love that Newegg!"

"Johnny! Let him get his computer part!" my mother said from the den -- a room away.

"Are you going to pay for it Martha dearest?" my father then asked my mother.

It got really quiet in the den or in the bandstand I should say with no reply.

"Didn't you just get a video card for Christmas?" my father then asked. "I believe Matt told me that."

Dad then started to spoon his homemade chili they had last night into a tupperware bowl for me to take home.

"Go order it," my father told me warily. "This goes against my better judgement. Just don't let this become a habit."

AMD CrossFire (also known as CrossFireX) is a brand name for the multi-GPU technology by Advanced Micro Devices, originally developed by ATI Technologies.[1] The technology allows up to four GPUs to be used in a single computer to improve graphics performance.[2]

1 comment:

diana said...

What is the wattage of the computer you wish to install 2 Graphic Cards?