Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Shop and I Eat When I am Nervous...

Hot damn! I've been anxiously waiting days for this to arrive. Free 5 to 7-day shipping is for the birds. This is my spanking new Radeon RX 480 video card. If you remember correctly, I also got an Radeon RX 480 for Christmas. I've got both cards installed and the video cards are linked by what is called CrossfireX theoretically doubling the speed, but there is some overhead with the coupling.

The old Crossfire required a ribbon cable to connect the two cards.  Now, all communication is handled via the PCI-Express bus.


1 comment:

diana said...

How are the two cards working for you? I tried it a couple of years ago when I was still gaming. Not all my games performed well with SLI or have SLI support.
I had a problem with frame pacing and it threw up funky things like see-through walls that weren't supposed to be see-through, flashing textures and stuttering. I found one high end card worked best for me.