Monday, January 16, 2017

Funeral @ 3 PM Eastern Time Tomorrow...

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!
Visitation was almost more than I can bear and I was more of a wallflower than anything occasionally shaking hands. Charlie said so as well - socially overbearing to the extreme. I have never seen so many people gather at one place except for an Auburn football game in Auburn's Jordan-Hare stadium.

I arrived home and put my jacket on my coat rack and sat silently and quietly for a moment of introspection as I loosened my tie and sighed. I still can''t believe my mother and my Chief Advocate General is gone.

Soon, Charlie came by to give me my medications around 9 PM. We forwent buying groceries tonight and will do so tomorrow night. Charlie was so exhausted after going and coming all day.  Maybe my father will go with me tomorrow night I hope. I would spend too much if Charlie went with me with Charlie playing a big role in my gluttony.

"I know you're tired Charlie," I told him sincerely as he hugged me and I told him to head on home.

"I will bring you and Maggie some more McDonald's biscuits in the morning before heading in to work," Charlie replied to me.

"I have to go anyway to get Horsefly's morning sausage biscuit,"Charlie then said when I protested him going to such trouble.

I felt he had gone far above his calling and duty during this ordeal.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Andrew, I haven't commented in your blog in so long, but I am still a reader, from years ago. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking about you.

Melanie

Rita said...

My dear mother died when I was 6 years old. I was raised by my wicked grandmother from that time on. I remember thinking that it was a trick. Surely Mom was alive. Surely this couldn't be real.

When my daughter's dear dog died a couple years ago, it was the same. I couldn't believe she was dead. She was only 6 years old.

Only time can help with the pain.

Hugs!

Jenn said...

I was thinking this morning that books a million has lost their best customer! I'll be thinking of you today.