Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Elusive Dreams and Big Desires...

http://musicforants.com/
Ho hum to you Northerners! "What's all the fuss about?" The weather guessers are now saying we have a likely chance for a wintry mix of precipitation Friday night.  I will be bleary eyed that Saturday morning waiting all night for snow or even sleet. Both are excitable to me. I just don't want any ice. Ice means no computers and no heat.

I also get my hopes so up and then they will most likely get dashed. The wintry weather just breaks up the monotony that a Southern winter weather can often entail. That's why winter weather is such a big deal in these parts. That, and people have an excuse to buy copious amounts of bread and milk.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I'd miss our winters if I lived in the south...I just wish they didn't last so long. We're expecting single digits this week and some snow. Very windy so makes it feel a lot colder...good sleeping weather...

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Come to my neck of the woods and you can have all the damn snow you want. It is two feet deep on either side of my driveway, and that is because I had to shovel the damn sh*t off the driveway to get my vehicles out. I used to love snow as a kid, the I tolerated it as an adult because I was a "tough" northerner. Now, I want to move to Florida, Arizona, or Jamaica so I do not have to shovel it anymore. Actually, to be truthful, the snow is still "ok" it is really the damn sub zero cold that gets to me. From now through the end of February, we will likely have at least 20-25 days where real temperature is 0 to as much as -20. And wind chills can sometimes be -45 to -50.

PipeTobacco