Monday, January 23, 2017

Peace and Quiet is Starting to Return...

http://www.istockphoto.com
Things are finally starting to settle down around here. The smoke is clearing and normalcy is returning.

"I want some peace and quiet," my father told me this afternoon with a grimace -- echoing my own thoughts and feelings about the matter.

"Is Charlie going with me or are you going with me to buy groceries tonight?" I asked my father early this evening.

Dad is not answering his cell phone and I have learned to knock on the kitchen window to get him to the door. It is just escalating the number of people texting him when I was over there.

"I am going shopping with you," my father said. "Be working on a thrifty grocery list."

Dad's iPhone then chimed signaling another text had arrived.

"Your cousin is asking about you -- wondering if you are today. She says she loves you," my father replied.

I am very looking forward to shopping with my father tonight. We have some of our best and most cherished conversations while doing so. Even if I am badgered about being thrifty.

The Chicken King...

http://www.businessinsider.com/

"Andrew?" What do want for your Sunday evening meal?" Charlie asked me last night.

"Just get me what you get," I told Charlie trying to make things easier on him.

Mom's evening meal would have entailed a diversion.

Charlie had already given me my Cokes and medications for the day when we were commiserating with my father earlier.

Well, I got a big box of KFC and exactly what Charlie was having for himself and Janice.  3pc. meal with mashed potatoes and slaw.

No comments: