Monday, January 09, 2017

Typing With Numb Hands and Even Colder Fingertips...

http://ipcblog.org/
But we have warm hearts abounding here...

I just looked at the National Weather Service's webpage and they are showing 28° degrees. It feels much colder than that tonight and that made loading and unloading groceries quite uncomfortable to say the least. Factor in the windchill and you have a regular arctic scenario. My Auburn hoodie saved the day wrapped around me with its warmth and shielding me from the icy wind.

"Go ahead and do your shopping," my father told me after our arrival at Kroger in separate cars.. "I am going to use my fuel points and get some gas.

I had already finished my shopping when my father walked inside Kroger and gazed at what I bought tonight.

"Good! You got some meals! Marie is going to treat you right! Those big chicken and turkey pot pies look delicious."

I spent $77 dollars tonight which is a reasonable expenditure I think. My biggest expense was some creme filled puff pastries in the bakery dept. I also got some Mrs. Grissom's regular chicken salad and the sandwich fixings to go with it.

My biggest impulse buy (and probably my biggest blunder) was purchasing two large bottles of Kroger brand vegetable juice. I usually just get the V-8 branded kind, but they were out of stock. I hope this stuff isn't just gross as all get out.

1 comment:

Rita said...

In 1983, I was living in Williston, ND. Christmas Day, it was -50 degrees actual temperature, and the wind chill was -200. If your car was not in a heated garage, it did not start. People who drove to the grocery store in the days around that cold spell, left their cars running when they went shopping.