Sunday, January 22, 2017

As the Thunder Rolls...


Strong storms with embedded tornadoes are west of us and heading this way. I pray the power doesn't go out. I might (gasp!) have to read a book by candlelight. And computers? Aw man! I better load up some movies on the iPad and fast.

I like stormy weather. I just don't like tornadoes. When the warning sirens go off, Maggie and I are in the basement hanging out with the lawnmower and the gas can. They say if you don't have a basement or storm shelter, then get in the tub and pull a heavy quilt over you.

What's that? A train's horn passing and blasting through downtown during a storm? These two phenomenon never fail to coincide with each other.

The Serendipity Society...

Dear Charlie was here with breakfast at nine. His sister nearby complained that her biscuits were always cold. Charlie, the  kind and accommodating soul, was doing double time when he stopped by here before visiting with his sister. He couldn't fuss much as Shelby and Polly make all his cakes and pies.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Charlie drives around and buys breakfast for so many on Sundays, and his sister complained that her food was cold? I think she might try to come up with a different plan relative to being treated so well.

Annabel said...

Hope you are safe!