Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Maid From Hell...

http://www.prettylittlegrub.com/

"Now dammit!" Charlie exclaimed to me tersely, sounding aggravated. "I can't just sit down and visit! I have to be doing something!"

Charlie said this after my asking him to come sit awhile, rest, and talk. I haven't had much company today and was eager to reveal and revel in what I did all afternoon.

"Where's dad?" I then asked Charlie about his solo visit as he vigorously cleaned and polished the stainless steel sinks in my kitchen.

"He had other obligations," is all I could get out of Charlie. "It smells like cooking bacon in here. Have you cooked?"

Things sounded clandestine and plans had certainly been changed. I told Charlie I cooked breakfast for supper.

Charlie brought me all kinds of goodies tonight. A ex-large coke without ice as I like them.  My usual 6-pack of diet Cokes and a pack of original Swisher Sweets. A Zaxby's dinner plate full of chicken fritters and french fries. This was all rounded off with giant packs of toilet paper and paper towels which I needed badly. Charlie seemingly read my mind about about those last two items.

Can I express in words how happy I was to see Charlie pull up in front of my house? I was ecstatic and the Magster was as well.

No comments: