Tuesday, January 24, 2017

There's Food In Them Thar Hills Again...

https://www.pinterest.com
"Maggie! I don't know what chili will do to your little stomach," I told my determined and desperate little dog.

Maggie sat on the floor by my recliner vigorously wagging her tail. It was dad's chili left over from last night. Maggie saw me crumble some cornbread into my chili and it about sent her into orbit. She couldn't understand why I didn't share in the bounty.

I gave her some of her Pup-Peroni dog treats and she seemed to be placated for the time being. I washed out my bowl and headed straight to the computer this morning. I hadn't been up for very long.

A Nasty Addiction...

"Didn't you get addicted to Benedryl one time?" my father asked over the phone this morning.

"It was way worse than quitting drinking and quitting smoking when I quit taking it," I replied to my father. "A very physical and extremely awful withdrawal."

"You could get 36 capsules at Walmart for .88 cents," I then told him.

"Your mother was taking it pretty hardcore before she died and I wonder if that had something to with it. She was popping those Aleve PM left and right and they have 25mg of Benedryl in them."

Mom's official cause of death was cardiac arrest (like Carrie Fisher) and Benedryl raises your heartbeat and your blood pressure.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Interesting information about your mother's cause of death. I wondered what the final call was about it. She seemed to be pretty addicted to whatever she was given, or could take. May she rest in peace.

Gin said...

I wish Benedryl would raise my BP. Something needs to. I run 84/44 way too often. Totally wiped out when it gets that low.