Monday, November 28, 2016

Living the Wino Life!

http://northforker.com/
A boozy weekend is behind us and behind as is a losing football game as well. I still get aggravated about all I did to get sober under my father's urgent pleas and my father is drinking bags of cheap wine every night. It is coy and it is catching up to him. He's playing with fire and I am the red hat poker or John Barleycorn that is. I take it as a slap to my face. He was boozy tonight as well which put him in a weird spacecadet mood with a clumsy demeanor.

***End Of Rant***

"I am going to the convenience store across the river when we leave here to buy you some more smokes," my father interjected.

The "sin" taxes are much lenient and much cheaper in Georgia than they are in Alabama.

I thanked him as I should do. That is a lot of money spent on my nicotine habit. My father never, ever complains about that aspect of mine and his life.

I think I saw a few tumbleweeds blow through Kroger as the dust kicked up in eddies off a barren floor when we walked in. We were the only non-employees in the store tonight. I keep hoping Jermaine would stop and tell me about his next round in curing his toe and toenail fungus. He'll gladly show you if you inquire. (Gross! lol)

In more upbeat moods, my father cooked his signature pork chops and rice tonight. That will be a very nice treat and a good snack tonight before bed. I am also cooking a roast with potatoes and carrots in my crock pot overnight. I bet that smell wafting in from the kitchen around 4 or 5 hours will awaken me. To hell regarding sleep! We want to eat!

No comments: