Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Let This Day Be Pleasantly Laid to Rest...

http://patch.com/
Fact: I have never watched a whole baseball game, but I have eaten apple pie. I do understand the mechanics of the game. So, I guess this means I am still an American?

Dad got me watching the World Series tonight. He was quite excited about it all. A fellow hit a home run and the stadium of fans erupted in chaos and cheer. The whole team ran out to greet him as he hit home.

"This is a historic event," my father told me as he had me to tune to the station. "They haven't won it since 1908!"

Replete With the Medication Ritual...

We took my medications, not before my father had me clamoring for something to drink. I keep ice cold bottles of water in the fridge just for these kinds of occasions and for general use as well.

"Your Klonopin has changed again," my father alerted me as he looked at my medication blister pack. "I have a note here that it is peach colored and is molded more like a tablet now.".

Yesterday, it looked lime green and more like a pellet or candy. I can feel it kick in just about an hour after my father leaves. Yawny will be yawning and we will all soon retire to the bed.

Bonus Round...

Dad always cooks on his day off. Today was no different.  My father had grilled ribeyes specially cut by the butcher over at Givorn's. I also had a loaded baked potato, toasted BBQ bread, and a salad drizzled with ample amounts of ranch dressing.

No comments: