Saturday, November 12, 2016

May We Receive and May We Be Blessed By a Bonus Round...

Breaking News: Steak at Ten...

http://www.bhg.com/

Dad must've of gotten home from Athens, Georgia much earlier than I thought since he had time to cook a late supper for us all. I had my fish platter earlier in the evening so this was double delish and a bonus round. Like always, the bottomless pits that are Maggie and I were hungry again.

"Your daddy is bringing you a filet mignon and a baked potato," my mother said over the phone. "He will be there in a few moments,"

"Did he grill them?" I asked my mother inquisitively.

"He seared them with olive oil in a pan on the stove and finished cooking them covered in the oven."

I always thank the Secretary for keeping me appraised of all that is going on with my father and these kinds of encounters.

My father finally arrived as Maggie squealed with joy and ran to the door to greet him.

"If I am acting funny, then it is because Auburn lost," my father told me solemnly of Auburn's loss to unranked Georgia today. "It just destroys my Saturdays in football season when we lose like that."

No comments: