Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Uneasy and Queasy...

http://www.bruscoskc.com/
In the morning, is my injection of crazy meds i.e. Risperdal Consta. I don't know why I am so nervous, but I am. We've done this routine for hundreds of times over these past eight years. I feel like a thousand butterflies bouncing around inside my lower abdomen. That's some of my mother's secretarial and social genes that I inherited -- fear of mishaps and the unknown. Social conflagrations and confrontations. Hopes for a smooth ingress and egress. Please don't make us wait.

"It just means you are due for your injection in the morning," my father said blithely. "You will feel much better after being home for a few hours.

My father was late, very late, with my medications tonight. I don't even let things like that worry me much anymore. Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly. You all know the drill better than I do. I'd have an easier time changing the weather than changing my father's ways. I play second fiddle to a 50 inch Samsung LCD and cable television. He was transfixed by the TV the whole time he was here tonight as well.

Dad did bring me a leftover box of pizza -- much consolation was had for that. There were 5 huge slices of Johnny's New York Style pepperoni and Italian sausage pizza in the box. They will taste better in the morning after this rigmarole of my injection is over with. I am going to grab some Cokes at the pharmacy and get this guy home in record time. I pray that my nurse will be there tomorrow.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Are you doing ok? It has been a helluva long time since you have posted, and that is not like you lately.

PipeTobacco