Sunday, November 13, 2016

I Love Me Some Maggins...

Maggie's Regal Pose
I was laying in the bed in the computer room a moment ago. Maggie stirred and when I opened my eyes, the business end of Maggie greeted me. I smiled! As I was getting up, Maggie was like, "Please don't go!" I've heard that line from a girlfriend or two over the years.

"I've got to head home to get some sleep before work," I would say as I would get dressed with yesterday's clothes and head back to Montevallo.

I always say that Maggie was the best thing my father has ever done for me. My father likes to hear me say that. I couldn't live in this lonely old house without her.

Dad was standing at my apartment's back door holding Maggie in the palm of his hand when I first saw her. I fell in love with her after that. My father had been on his daily walk out at the interstate rest area when he heard loud whimperings coming from a trash can. Dad pulled out a puppy amidst the trash and brought her home to me.

"How can someone be so cruel by just throwing a puppy in the trash?" I remember my father asking me.

Maggie was in need of serious veterinary health care if she were to get better. She was so full of fleas that she was anemic. She also needed to be spayed, dewormed, and administered all her shots.

Mom is our chief names giver and deemed her Maggie upon seeing the Maggins for the first time.

No comments: