Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Portion of Southern Country Cookin...

http://iowagirleats.com/
Dad brought chicken and dumplings tonight and it was delicious. As usual, he is cooking for him and my mother on his day off.

"I put the cut dumplings in the freezer to get them cold before adding them," my father said. "That way they wouldn't fall apart when I was first cooking them."

"They taste like Memaw's biscuits recipe!" I exclaimed.

"That is my secret," my father said with a sly grin.

They certainly were good to me. Warm bellies and cold winter nights make for a good combination. Alls well that ends well as the old saying goes.

http://iowagirleats.com/

A Heart Warming Good Disposition...

I wish you all could see my Ms. Maggins tonight. She is really feeling her oats to the utmost. Seeing my father tonight really perked her up and I do think she is feeling much better as well. I think she now realizes those pills are a good thing. She didn't freak out when I gave them to her this morning. She just sat there and I am sure she was thinking, "Oh the indignity".

The Dreads of Society...

I really wish I wouldn't dread things like my Mother. I am fretting about getting my injection tomorrow morning. At least, I get my two regular Cokes as an added benefit on these occasions. Pray for a quick ingress and egress in the morning. I;ve already got the clothes to wear on the bed laid out for tomorrow. It is also a lot of work for an injection that takes 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Is it possible that you or your father could give yourself the injection?