Thursday, December 01, 2016

That Rabble Rousing Trouble Maker Cold Moved in After Midnight...

Key disease incarnate?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/
I just couldn't find my car key this morning. I looked everywhere and finally found it in the pocket of the jacket I wore yesterday. I should have looked there first saving myself thirty minutes of frantic aggravation. I normally hang it up as soon as I walk in the door. I have a key caddy attached to the wall right inside the house for this reason. I am just a little scatterbrained this morning and probably ready for my injection, I do think. It is the key disease and it now encompasses reading glasses as well.

Dad and I were talking about this affliction a few weeks ago.

"I am still looking for my expensive reading glasses and I can't find them as well," my father told me aggravatingly a few weeks ago.

Winter, That Rabble Rouser...

When they said it would be cold by morning time, they meant it. Charlie tells my father and I to just look outside to find out the weather with some choice profanity mixed in for emphasis. Dad and I both laughed tongue and cheek to humor Charlie. Charlie is right when he says they are weather guessers and not forecasters. I always laugh when he says that.

"Momma used to say that there is no excuse for sitting about in a chilly house," Dad told me as he stepped in my hall and turned up the heating lastnight.

No comments: