Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Chuck Wagon is Just Mere Moments Away...

https://www.pinterest.com
"Where are you?" I asked Charlie over the phone.

"I am driving through Lafayette right now," Charlie replied. "Don't eat supper as I am bringing you a Jack's hamburger combo meal."

Charlie brought me Jack's one other time and it was quite tasty. I loved the crisp crinkle cut fries.

Here comes the small talk for which for which I am terrible and for which I hate...

"How was work today?" I then asked Charlie.

"Same old shit," Charlie replied. "At least it was quiet in the office today."

"Are you okay?" Charlie then asked me. "You sound nervous."

"I just got up!" I told Charlie. "It is going on six in the afternoon and I am just stirring. Maggie said no more to this sleeping business."

Charlie laughed and then I nervously chuckled.

"Well," Charlie said. "Give me thirty minutes to get to your house and we will take your medications and you will get a good meal. I got you the biggest soda they sell."

"Where is dad?" I asked Charlie.

"He had some Christmas party at your brother's house to attend," Charlie then replied. "See you in a few minutes."

No comments: