Thursday, December 08, 2016

Retail Therapy...


Mom was calling me early today wondering if she should get back to visiting her soft tissue therapist (sports medicine).  It has been about 3 years since she last went to see Connie. Just another road traveled on my mother's hypochondria fueled highway. My father will roll his eyes when she talks about it.

"What if they don't call me back?" my mother fretted something fierce as she asked me over the phone.

She had just called them and left a message. They seem to be closed on Thursdays.

"Will you drive me to Auburn?" mom then asked me.

"They will be glad to get the business," I replied to my mother putting out a worrisome wildfire of hers that soon would escalate and spread. "And yes, I will be glad to drive you to Auburn. We will eat lunch at Chick-fil-A or Jim Bob's."

I put the phone back in its cradle and then it rung again.

"I just put your Cokes and some cigars out on the porch," mom then said. "I had to make up a batch, but they are out there."

"Thank you so much," I very appreciatively told my mother.

Fred's and Piggly Wiggly were next on my journey to get my sodas this morning. Our Piggly Wiggly is spotless compared to Kroger I noticed today. It is as neat as a pen. I got a large family sized box of frosted flakes, 2 jars of pickled sausages, and a 6 pack of Vienna sausages at the Piggly Wiggly. I then got some more ornaments for my Christmas tree at Fred's.

Fred's had yet another new cashier this morning. She must've been flexible. She was a slim motherly looking lady with bleached blonde hair.

No comments: