Thursday, December 08, 2016

Family Dynamics...

http://everyinvestor.co.uk/
"Dad's on his way home from the medication ritual and my house," I told my mother over the phone. "He has just left."

Mom loves it when I give her a little heads up like that. She says that waiting on my father to get home drives her crazy. He can come at 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM -- you never know. The pharmacy closes at 7 PM.

"Oh good!" my mother replied with a perky tone to her voice. "I missed him today. I'll be glad when he is officially retired."

"A little friendly advice from someone who has lived on both sides of the fence," I began to say.

"Let dad get settled down in his recliner with the TV on, and with his glass of Zinfandel in his hands before you drop any hard questions on him."

"I was going to talk to him about Connie and going back to Soft Tissue Therapy," my mother replied chirpily.

"Now's not a good night," I told my mother rather apologetically. "He is tired so let him relax and talk to him on his day off tomorrow. You will probably find him much more amenable in the morning."

No comments: