Monday, December 19, 2016

Self Checkout Baby!

http://vectortoons.com/
We've got it going on tonight, Papa and I!

"Do you think we can buy all your groceries in one of the self-checkout lanes?" my father asked. "It is so much faster."

The only other option were the cashier manned registers and they were seriously backed up in customers.

"Let's give it shot," I replied to my father as I began to hand him my items to be scanned and weighed.

The attendant stood nearby ready to render aid as well if we needed it. He was the spitting image of Dave Chappelle if you remember that African American comedian who dropped off the face of the earth when he had just started a meteoric rise to fame.

Moments Later...

I was the doubting Thomas on these regards. I thought we would never be able self-check out such a large cart full of food.  Johnny Otis and I handled it with an aplomb, though, and my father gave me a high five when we were finished.

My father had more shopping to do so I headed out to my car to load it up and then drive home. There was a icy bitingly cold and briskly wind tonight and I was glad to get everything out of the car and put away in my Kitchen.

No comments: