Wednesday, December 07, 2016

In the Christmas Spirit...

Maggie is supervising (sleeping on the couch) and I am slowly getting my Christmas tree up and decorated this morning. I am so very excited about Christmas this year.  The glass ornaments I bought at Fred's today are going up next. We will finish the tree off with some tinsel ala Fred's as well.

"I dread getting all the ornaments on our tree," my mother dourly said this morning with a very loud sigh. "I dread even more having to take them off and put them back in storage in the basement for another year."

"Mom! That is a terrible way to think about Christmas!" I replied trying to choke back a laugh. "It is supposed to be a labor of love."

Grinch anyone?

This was a collaboration of my father' s and mine. I would help him get up his gaudy 100 pound artificial tree from the basement and then we would drive and get my Christmas tree. I only needed a small tree for my den. The attendant at Ponder's didn't think we could get my tree in the back of my car, but we did as we do every year.






3 comments:

glittermom said...

Nice! 🎄

Gin said...

Very nice! And what does Maggie think about it?

Summer said...

Love the lights!