Saturday, December 10, 2016

We'll Soon Have Christmas After a Long Nap...

Dad is putting the final touches on his very pretty Christmas tree this afternoon. Dad had colored lights this year which I wholeheartedly approved of and the grandkids will like it too. White lights are so passé it seems to me.

Dad and I are going later to get Charlie's Christmas tree up and rolling. Janice, Charlie's wife, is going to cook all of  us a southern style supper. Dad also said she had some spiced tea on the stove simmering when he was over there.

"The whole house smelled of cloves, cinnamon, and citrus," my father said.

"Where is Santa's little helper?" I then asked my father of my mother noticing my mother was nowhere to be seen.

"We're having a little too much Christmas today and she had to go lay down," my father said laughing.

I had to smile as well.

Welcome to a Xanax Sponsored Christmas...

http://www.paperepiphanies.com/

Well, mom did it -- the colossal task. My father and I thought it couldn't be done. She got her old dosage of Xanax reinstated after her doctor had cut the dosages in half. Dad said she called and raised hell with Dr. Backshi -- that her panic attacks were making her miserable and that they were coming back in full force.

"I almost didn't believe it at first, but she is back to taking 3mg per day," my father told me.

That's the secretary. Me? I wouldn't have the chutzpah to do what my mother did yesterday. Especially doing it over the phone.

No comments: