Friday, December 09, 2016

Once in a Blue Moon...

On Christmas Eve 2015, we had our first (that I know of) Christmas snow in my lifetime. Maggie and I were so elated. The odds were astronomical and stacked against us, but it happened. There was snow covering the ground on Christmas day and you know it had to be magical for all the kids in the South and Alabama specifically. Maggie couldn't quite figure out what this what stuff was. I would've made a snow angel,  but it would have messed up my hair.

No snow here this Christmas, but the pervading cold is creeping in from the great northern and frozen wastelands (Canada). It is supposed to get down to 24° degrees tonight. It is already uncomfortably cold outside. I am fixing to drive down to for a few 79 cent drinks, get on the internet while I drink them, and then soon I will be headed for bed.



Settle Down Now! Settle Down!

It is getting close to my bedtime and everything seems frenetic and full of energy this evening. Charlie bought by some Christmas tree preserver to pour in the Christmas tree's water bowl to make it last longer. He also brought a Mickey D's Big Mac combo meal.

"Your father was complaining about your Christmas tree being a fire hazard and drying out before Christmas so this could help," Charlie told me after a man hug.

My father was hot on the heels of Charlie. Dad brought me some more leftovers to eat tomorrow. We also took my crazy meds or behavioural modification medicines as I like to call them.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

We got 2 feet of snow in 2 days...I can use a snow break..I would miss snow if never got any...it's a Christmas miracle! ☃️