Monday, December 05, 2016

You Got Six Freakin' Gallons of Milk!

"I honestly can't count worth a poot," I warily told my father in a weak warning with a meekish grin. "I assure you I'll be wanting more the next Monday on grocery day. None of it is going to waste."

I really did miscount how many gallons of whole milk I was going to buy. My addled brain thought I had four instead of six. Fortuitous was the fact that I got two family sized boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. I will show you which cereal box toys I got tomorrow on a midday news flash if I can get my cranky camera to work. That reminds me I should have bought more rechargeable batteries, but they are $8.99 for a pack of four. Expensive and easily forgettable under such extreme budget pressure...

"You must really like your milk," the sweet and friendly cashier said with a warm and welcoming smile.

My father and I then inquired about Paige, but she was running the gas pumps outside tonight.

"If I still owned my business, then I would do anything to entice her into coming to work for me at the drugstore," my father said.

I got an absolutely incredible amount of food tonight for $64 bucks. I even surprised my father. He kept thinking something wasn't wrung up right or carefully enough. The only thing Kroger didn't have on my list tonight was a 6-pack of Amour Vienna sausages. They had everything else on my list for which I was elated. I noticed they were already stocking shelves this late at night. Dad's fervent protests with the manager might have solved part of the problem of empty store shelves late in the evenings.

I even used coupons tonight for a change. Dad got $2 cash back for my two large bottles of V-8 juice. Jermaine helped me with that bless his big old verbose soul. He showed me where the V-8 was and gave me the coupons.

No comments: