Sunday, December 04, 2016

The Vigil is Thankfully Over...

http://www.fumaresacramento.com/
Maggie took her place on the couch hours ago on her dutiful vigil to welcome and greet my father and Charlie when they arrive like she does every Sunday night.

I thought Charlie and Pops would never get here this evening. 9 pm rolled around and I started to turn the lights off in readiness to hit the hay. I was taking my nightly bath when I heard Charlie knock on the door.

"Let yourself in," I hollered to Charlie as I began to quickly towel off and dress in some boxer shorts and the world's softest bleached white cotton t-shirt.

Charlie was in control of things tonight and riding solo after a few family SNAFUs centering around my brother and his electric car. Charlie even brought my sodas and a pack of Swisher Sweets. I have never met a more kinder soul than he. He treats me as if I was his son.

"I brought you some of Janice's homemade chili and some saltine crackers," Charlie told me.

The chili smelled awesome and although it had beans in it, I ate every last bite in that bowl.

Charlie and I fed and watered the Magster as she looked upon the procedure approvingly. She had a bowl of food on the floor of the computer room and decided to eat that first. You never know the whimsical thoughts and ways of certain members of our pack. I would have eaten the freshest food first.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

While you know I am primarily a pipe smoker, I do like a cigar on occasion. In the image you have shown, I have sampled the first and third from the right. Both were very pleasant. Creamy feeling smoke that had a pleasantly chalky feel when inhaled. But, real Cuban cigars are even more amazing! I have only had them when I was in Canada, but truthfully.... amazing. Such a damn good kick in the head. A shot or two of bourbon then a heavy cigar...bliss.

A question about Maggie... does she seem to drink adequate water? Often dog's that border on dehydration have a lot of skin issues. Maybe check and monitor how much water she actually drink for a while to see.


PipeTobacco