Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Say Good Bye to Mr. Coyote...

http://www.bioexpedition.com/
As the wily coyotes proliferate in the dense nearby woods around the city, more and more prey needs to be found. They are encroaching on the city limits and people's cats and small dogs have begun disappearing. Animal control says they are working on the problem.

Mom and dad's new cat, Samantha, came up missing all last night and all day. Dad's a hardass, but he has a very soft spot for his pets. He especially loves his cats giving them all royal titles of different sorts. I know it is silly, but it is fun as well. We still haven't finalized Samantha's royal title. Dad said it would come to him when the time was right.

"I think the coyotes have gotten her," my father dourly said over the phone today. "Craig (the new pharmacy owner) said he shot one coyote last night in his backyard, but didn't get the other one of the pair."

Mom called my father late in the day.

"Sam's back and a little worse for wear," my mother told my father. "She's cold and hungry."

Dad said he actually jumped for joy in the pharmacy.

"Thank god!" dad told my mother. "And don't let her back out until I get home!"

Ah, Bless!

3 comments:

glittermom said...

You take a chance when you have an outside pet..our city ordinance your not allowed to let your pets roam free..my cats have always been indoors pets ..I think people in the south are more lacks about their animals.

amelia said...

I agree with Glittermom. Cats should not be allowed to roam. We have four, all previously feral and they are all indoor cats now. Too many predators outside.

diana said...

Cats live longer if kept indoors. Not exposed to dangers and disease.
My cat is 11 and still acts like a kitten. My neighbour puts her cat out in her yard on a leash while she does her yard work :-)