Friday, December 16, 2016

And the Cornucopia Floweth Forth...

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/
With the medication ritual done and behind us, the world is now my oyster -- computer and soda time till midnight, then off to bed. Yes, Papa John brought crazy meds and leftover vegetable soup tonight. He smelled kind of boozy, but not that bad. Thus continues his love affair with white Zinfandel.

There is also no words able to describe the deliciousness of my father's vegetable beef soup.As soon as my father left, I had it in the microwave for 5 minutes.

"Sorry about not having any cornbread," my father told me very apologetically. "I realized when I got back from the grocery store that I was almost out of cornmeal. I didn't have the heart to go back and get it."

"Shelby, Charlie's sister, made me a chocolate cake today and I will bring you some tomorrow after we cut it for the first time. It looks decadent."

I told my father to get a carton of full-fat Bavarian style buttermilk for his cornbread, but the caveat is that the evil empire of Walmart is the only place where you can go to get it in town. I told him he could send me in on a recognizance mission.

"It will make your cornbread taste absolutely heavenly," I told Big Papa John.

No comments: