Monday, December 19, 2016

Woo Hoo! I Got an Accolade!

"I was getting my hair done today," mom said over the phone this afternoon. "Rhonda (mom's hairstylist) said your outside lights are beautiful."

Rhonda lives just down the street from me. I blushed a little bit when mom said that. Rhonda's not one to give credit when credit is not due. She is a very stoic and stern lady.

"Tell her I said a very appreciative thank you when you go back Wednesday," I replied to my mother.

"She also said she could see your Christmas tree out from the road."

I had secretly hoped in a vain moment that you could see that tree from the road.

I'm Very Cheap But I Drive a Very Fast Car...

I parked at Fred's this afternoon when a brand new Porsche pulled up beside me and parked as well. I love the deep, throaty exhaust note of those cars. I followed the very frumpy looking fellow into the store.

"Sir?" I quickly informed the man before he opened the door. "Your headlights are still on."

"They will automatically turn off in a few moments," the man replied almost haughtily.

"Do you sell earrings?" the fellow loudly asked the cashier on duty when he stepped inside.

"No," the Farah Faucet look alike said. "But there is a nice jewelry store downtown."

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I think most new cars have the auto lights off feature..like it's s hard to turn your lights off. Can you take a picture of your lights outside at night? Would love to see them.

PipeTobacco said...

Hmm....

Frumpy, you say?!? Like a pipe smoking professor? :)

PipeTobacco