Thursday, December 22, 2016

Newegg Saves the Day...


My mother just called me and sounded like she had been asleep for days -- almost like marbles in her mouth as she spoke. Bless my dear mother. She doesn't mean any harm. She says Christmas depresses her.

Mom then told me two packages from Newegg have been delivered down under the portico by the door.

"It says 'may contain awesome' on the box," mom told me.

Yes, that would be my Radeon RX 480 video card and the corresponding display port cables needed to connect it to my 2 Asus monitors.

"I can't pick them up with my back the way it is," my mother told me forlornly.

"Can I come and get them now?" I asked my mother rather anxiously with an air of desperation to my voice.

"Those are your Christmas presents and your daddy would kill me," she replied.

I couldn't help but laugh. Mom is more astute than she seems to be. I was beginning to think that they would never get here. Dad must've gotten the 7-day free super egg saver shipping.

"I am coming to get my Cokes and my cigarillos," I told my mother. "I will move the presents inside the foyer."

No comments: