Saturday, December 31, 2016

I Wake Up and the First Thing I Do Is Blog...

http://ispythingsdc.com/
Quite a refreshing and impressive looking nap you had there! It is 4:30 AM and you are going strong!

"When do you take your Christmas tree down?" was the question I posed for Charlie last night.

 Charlie said it was bad luck to leave it up after New Year's Day.

"At least, turn off the lights on New Year's Day," Charlie told me.

"But the lights look so pretty!" I exclaimed as I don't believe in all the pretentious nonsense about bad luck (claptrap). I am a prime example of shit just happens from time to time.

When I was a kid my mother would start taking down the Christmas tree on Christmas night and put away the ornaments. This quite stressed me greatly -- to the point my mother and I would argue vehemently about it. My father would have to come in and breakup the fight.

"New Year's Day Janice is cooking a pork loin, potato salad, black eyed peas, cornbread, and turnip greens," Charlie then told me. "I will bring you a plate."

6 comments:

Summer said...

My mother always took the tree down on January 1st. I like to leave mine up for the full 12 days of Christmas and take it down on the Epiphany.

glittermom said...

As long as not dried out and a fire trap leave it up....never heard was bad luck....

Jan said...

I leave mine up for the 12 days of Christmas also. There have been occasions when I pretended we were celebrating Orthodox New Year and get another week out of it. I love the Christmas lights!

glittermom said...

I hope the coming year will bring you joy and happiness...

Jan said...

yeah what ^ said!

Annabel said...

I leave mine up until at least Epiphany (which is Jan. 8 this year). I've been known to leave it up far longer because I was lazy. Last year, my husband started taking it down the day after Epiphany I think.