Saturday, December 10, 2016

By Hell's Heart in Hades, I Shall Have Some of Your Supper...

https://foodirl.com
Tonight was the Christmas party for the pharmacy and crew. I was surprised when my mother stayed at home (faux pas). I was invited by my father's co-pharmacist but politely declined. Even though I had done laundry all day, my excuse was that I didn't have anything to wear. (little white lies maybe?)

"I appreciate the invite Angie, but I don't have anything to wear," I replied.

Maggie and I anxiously waited for my father to arrive at Casa de Andrew for the Medication ritual. We both took our perches on the back of the couch. I was almost hoping that Charlie would be by like the cavalry tonight bringing Christmas joy and possibly an Arby's roast beef or two for everyone.

I grew hungry as the hours passed and was eating some Chef Boyardee beefaroni I had just nuked in the microwave -- the kind that comes in the big and convenient microwavable bowls. It is mediocre fare, but it stops the hunger pangs economically yet lacklusterly.

Well, the Magster went absolutely nuts when she smelled that pasta dish. I have never seen her beg so much with me for food. It dawned on me fifteen minutes later that she wanted some of that pasta as well. By this time, she was barking at me. I don't much care for the ravioli I had in the cupboard so I put some in a paper bowl and warmed up some before giving it to the Magster. She was quite happy and proud of herself that I finally got with the program and she ate every last morsel out of her paper bowl.

No comments: