Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sugar Bowl Bound...

https://www.allstatesugarbowl.org

My father was over here late last night for the medication ritual, going strong and giving me my medications. I had almost given up on him when it got close to 10 PM. He was also trying to quite successfully organize a trip to see Auburn play in the Sugar Bowl.

"We've got to have you," he told my brother rather loudly over his iPhone. "You lived in New Orleans for years and years and can get us around."

My traveling with them would be too complicated because of my mental illness, alcoholism. and the plethora of medications I have to take.

"You can find me at the piano bar in the lobby of the hotel," I told my father with a sneer as a joke.

Dad laughed and told me that I looked like a piano bar.

The sad thing is he is more likely to get liquored up these days than I.

"I will make sure Charlie takes good care of you while we are gone," my father told me.

No comments: