Monday, December 12, 2016

Miracles Do Happen...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spock
"There are no such things," as Spock of Star Trek fame would say of miracles.

Welcome to America's miracle network and we don't mean Benny Hinn (that scheister).

Dad has steadfastly complained each night that Kroger was out of so many things. I am sure others have. too.  Well, they were stocking the store at 9 PM tonight which was encouraging and found me an excitable happy-go-lucky guy. I am easily amused most times.

I was able to buy everything on my grocery list tonight. Things like store brand frosted flakes and Vienna sausages. I haven't been able to get some of these items for over a month.

After a drought of these many things, I was also able to get my delicious creme filled and chocolate iced Krispy Kreme donuts as well. It is $3.99 for a box of six so it better damn taste good.

The End Times...

"I would  have never run my business that way," my father told me in a Deja Vu moment tonight again as we walked to our cars.

https://www.pinterest.com
It was pouring rain, cats and dogs, this evening as I was loading up my groceries into my CR-V. I got soaking wet tonight and a hot shower after arrival home had to suffice. I thought I would never got all my groceries in from the car with water dripping off the bib of my baseball cap.

"I would help you," my father said as he climbed into his Honda. "But I feel a head cold coming on."

"You would catch the death of you out here," I told my father. "Don't worry about it."

My father was earlier remarking how little food I had in my cart upon checkout. The tally came out to be $75 which silenced the critics.


No comments: