Friday, December 02, 2016

The Day of the Doctor is Upon Us...

I am keeping weird hours once again. Birds gotta fly and fish gotta swim and all that jazz. I awoke at six AM and have been up ever since. I thought about driving to Wal-Mart to window shop, but decided against it. I will just stick to using the computer this morning. Even though I am socially phobic, I have been craving company and camaraderie a lot lately. My therapist would tell me to promptly act upon these longings.

"They are going to think you're shoplifting," my father told me sternly a few weeks ago about my Walmart adventures.

He is usually right and I don't want to get embroiled in all of that rigamarole at 6 AM in the morning.

Our Most Comforting Companions...

I always say that Maggie is the best thing my father has ever done for me. He smiles when I say it as well. What would I do without my faithful companion? That makes me doubly sensitive to what she needs.

Well, Friday is here and my father and I take Sam and Maggie back out to the small animal clinic for a follow-up visit. Samantha will also get her sutures removed. You do not say "Vet" where Maggie can hear you during these occasions. She's quick to pick up on certain words these days.

Dad said something funny last night about one of our cats in the past we owned. Poor Doris just disappeared and we never saw her again.

"Doris was more of an 'it' than a she or he," he told me. "We got her spayed way to early."

I was hoping my father would let Sam have at least one litter of kittens which prompted that reply.

"We'd never find homes for all those kittens," my father then told me with a scoff and then a laugh. "And Maggie would eat a cat alive."

No comments: