Sunday, December 25, 2016

What Rock Did You Climb Out From Under?

"Are you kidding me?" I asked myself as I stood on my front steps gathering my wits about me. "It is about to get dark!"

And lord knows, I certainly don't need to be driving after dark today with my eyesight the way it is. I rolled the dice, gathered myself, and headed for my parent's house at breakneck speeds as it was almost after dusk. I was on a mission and I needed my sodas something fierce. A cigarillo would be very nice as well. You could still see the last light of day (twilight) to the west as I was walking to my car.

I was expecting it to be cold outside, but it was very warm -- over 70° degrees! I took off my jacket and away we went. Honda's heaven's to Betsy!

Samantha was on the back porch to greet me. There was not a light on in the house. Samantha was like, "Let me in! I am Hungry!" I sat on the cement bench outside my parent's house to give Samantha more attention. I was secretly hoping my parents would show up any moment now. I would let Samantha in, but my mother changed the alarm codes last week as she often does and I didn't know how to deactivate it.