Tuesday, December 06, 2016

She's Rounding Third and She's Heading Home...

Bless mom's dear sweet heart! She remembered to bring my Cokes and a pack of Swisher Sweets tonight without any coercion on my part  - it was our Mexican meal night. I didn't have to drive and pick them up at my parent's house as I normally do and had put off going through that rigamarole for most of the day.

Maggie and I were sitting on the couch on lookout. It is just a fun game we like to play. Mom's car turned left at the bottom of my street and Maggie's ears pricked up as it is a very familiar sound for her.

"Guess who's here?" I asked my furry daughter, Maggie, as a tan Honda stopped at our house.

She knows that phrase extremely well. Maggie went nuts! Gamma dog was home! Yeehaw! Theta dog, my father, will be along in  just about an hour.

Mrs. Sandra has such a contagious and smile provoking laugh. I could almost hear her laughing at the bottom of the road. She is still driving my mother to the restaurant and back home. Mom can only drive to my house or to the beauty salon.

I profusely thanked Mrs. Sandra for doing this task for us. I also pretty much fear that my mother's driving days are over.

No comments: