Wednesday, December 14, 2016

There Are Many Things On My Plate Tonight...

http://www.easy-outdoor-decor.com/
The photo of the house is not mine, but I thought it was beautiful. 

Various things are going on tonight at Casa de Andrew. I finished installing all my outside lights with quite a big scare on my step ladder as I had almost fallen. I realized then if I wasn't more careful then I would spend Christmas in a cast or a wheelchair which wouldn't be very fun. It is hard to build and install computer parts when you can't get out of a wheelchair.

Flash Forward to Tonight...

"Oh, I love your lights!" my father said very excitedly and proudly as he walked across my front yard on his nightly visit. Maggie was barking like crazy when she only gave us a lackluster and sleepy greeting last night -- nary a bark out of her and she was plainly ready for bed.

"You're are almost the only one on your street that decorated this year!"

Dad bought me 8 boxes of 100ct. multicolored lights and I used them all.

The phone rang once as soon as Dad and I got in the house good. That was my cue to call The Secretary back at home. Dad's biggest pat peeve of his with me is the way I handle the phone and monitor my phone calls.

"Don't forget to give Maggie her flea and heartworm medications," the secretary then said over the phone. "Your father should have them in a Ziploc bag in his pocket along with a can of Vienna sausages."

Vienna Sausages is a treat for Maggie being a good girl and talking all her medications without a fuss. She relishes the stuff after I warm it for about 30 seconds in the microwave.

"How many antibiotics does Maggie have left?" my father asked me planning ahead for the holidays.

"There are three left in the bottle," I told my father.

"Magie looks so much better and I proud of you for handling that like a responsible pet owner."

We then took my medications. I am praying that Klonopin I take will help me fall asleep early since I woke up today at 3 PM. I still don't know why I slept so late today.

"Your injection is in the morning," my father told me again.

"Shit!" I muttered under my breath.

"Do you want me to call you and wake you up?" he asked.

"Do it as a failsafe measure," I replied.

"Come on, let's get in my car and drive around the block to see what your Christmas lights look like from the road," dad said as he coerced me into his car.

No comments: